Hawaii Imin International Conference Center at Jefferson Hall
East-West Center Campus: Koi Room, Asia Room & Pacific Room
1777 East-West Road, Honolulu, HI 96848
+1 808 944 7111
The Imin Center at Jefferson Hall was established in 1985 through contributions from individuals and groups in Hawaii and Japan to commemorate the 100th anniversary of Hawaii’s first Japanese contract workers called Kanyaku-imin.
This building and those forming a semi-circle around it were designed by the internationally recognized architect I. M. Pei and completed in 1963.
Sunday, October 1, 2017
Part I: 10:00am – 12:00pm
Part II: 1:00 – 3:00pm
US $20 due with registration fee
The Portfolio Exhibition offers artists a chance to display their works on tabletops and introduce it to conference participants and the public. All conference participants are invited, but please note that the number of tables is limited. Tables will be allocated on a first-come first-served basis.
- To participate submit an Application Form along with the Conference Registration.
- Participants must bring portfolio artwork in person. The Conference office can not accept work delivered by post or courier.
- Only artworks related to the concepts or techniques of Japanese waterbased woodcut, mokuhanga, should be submitted for exhibition.
- Participants must not leave their seats during the exhibition. If an absence is unavoidable, artists must arrange for a substitute. Conference staff are not available to assist watching tables.
- Participants cannot sell work at the venue or display pricing of artworks. However, if a potential buyer appears, participants can negotiate prices and delivery methods at their own discretion and risk.
- The Conference Executive Committee can assume no responsibility.
- INSURANCE: The Conference Executive Committee can assume no responsibility for loss or damage to any submitted work for any reason, before, during, or after the exhibition. Insurance protection is the responsibility of each artist. Bringing a work of art to this event shall imply agreement on the part of the artist to all conditions set forth in the prospectus.
List of Artists: To Be Annouced